Those of us with boys know that recess is never long enough. All four of my boys always said recess was their favorite subject in school. We also know that homework is no fun, right?
Kealani is one who does not agree. Upon coming home from her first day of school I asked Kealani if she enjoyed kindergarten. She said "yes, but recess is too long!" Since that first day she has mentioned recess being long at least 3 other times!!
She also brought home homework for the first time yesterday. It is a little booklet with 16 pages. She is suppose to do 4 pages a week and it should last 4 weeks. She was so very excited to get started right away. After the 6th page she wanted to keep on going. I told her it was time to take a break and watch one of her TV shows(I was trying to get caught up on Hero and wanted to get back to my show). she said she didn't want to, she wanted to do more homework and of course I needed to be there to read instructions. I then told her that her hand needed to rest a little while. She continued to tell me that her hand wasn't tired and that it wanted to keep writing and doing homework!
We have all had a good laugh over her concepts of both recess and homework! How different her mind works than her brothers!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That is so cute! We just have the..."how come he gets 3 recesses?" "Why does he have barely any homework?" "It's not fair!" I want to know when I get recess!
Oh, she's so funny! Cora hasn't had any homework yet, so we'll have to wait and see what she thinks about, but she definitely agrees with your boys about recess. :)
Hey there! Didn't know you had a blog! Of course though you are wonder woman!Glad you have one. Visit me at www.dodgefamily-aaron.blogspot.com
Post a Comment