Monday November 17th, I arrived at the hospital to change places with Bam. Within 30 minutes of being there I got a call from the Elementary Nurse. After introducing herself to me I replied, "No, don't even tell me." She preceded to tell me she had Devyn in her office. He was walking backward to catch a ball and ran the back of his head into a tetherball pole. She told me there was no doubt he was going to need staples or stitches. I called Wee Care Pediatrics as I ran out the door to my car. Luckily they were able to accomodate his little accident. I picked him up from the school, ran into Jarom and Kealani's classes to let them know Devyn wouldn't be walking home with them. I told their teachers to wrap them in bubble wrap so they wouldn't get hurt and drove to the Doctor's office. I was suppose to text Kale to tell him I didn't want a call from the Jr High nurse, but forgot. Once we checked in the nurse called us back right away. We were told he'd have to have staples put in. He was not a happy camper. I asked about the glue but they said they quit using glue after finding it pulls out the hair and the hair doesn't ever regrow.
So, the Doctor numbed his head and put 3 staples to hold the wound together. They were a lot quicker then stitches. Devyn now has bragging rights on being the first in the family to have staples. Kenrik has had stitches. Kale and Jarom have had glue. Let's hope Kealani won't need any.
All I can say is its a good thing we have AFLAC! They are going to know us after this month!

No comments:
Post a Comment